Monday, August 30, 2010

Bento is Fun!

Bubba has become a bit of a picky eater surviving mostly on chicken nuggets, spaghetti-o's, cheese, and fruit. Not the worst diet I guess, but we're trying to get him to branch out. My plan is make food cute. Who doesn't want to eat cute food? In that vein, I'm attempting Bento and here's my very first bento box.


Chicken and Cheese Stars (because I know he'll at least eat some lunch then. These I made with a little aluminum food cutter. Super easy to use and really cute in the end.


Next, I molded him a hard boiled egg shaped like a bunny and painted it with food coloring. To make the egg you need an egg mold, then you put the warm egg in the mold and chill. This is a previously rejected food, so I'm hoping the cute factor gets his attention. I put the egg into a cupcake paper left over from Easter that had eggs and bunnies on it. Then surrounded it with apples and grapes.

Here was the completed Bento. Unfortunately, chicken requires ketchup so I need to find some cute little cups to put condiments in.

And here's the box. Frogs are a favorite right now.


What do I think of Bento? That I'm an addict, and probably a complete nut. Honestly, do kids need cute food? Probably not, but what fun!

3 comments: