Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Bedtime Wars

I have been blessed with a child who has always gone to bed without a fight...until now. Somehow my adorable baby who used to ask to go to bed, who actually used to walk to his bedroom of his own volition and ask to go night night, has vanished and now fights to stay up regardless of how exhausted he is. At this very moment I can hear him slamming the lid to his hamper over and over deciding that his whine fest wont work. He practices his whiny faces in the mirror we have for him in the car to get them just right. If I could take video and drive I would because it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. He hasn't yet climbed out of his crib, but if the bedtime wars continue I suspect it wont be long before he does.

He currently takes an entire menagerie to bed with him including a Curious George, a Nemo, a stuffed Dog and a Grover. He requires two blankets, one to scrunch up and one to lay under. He sucks his thumb and now he slams the hamper lid on his way out. My problem is he's stubborn. He comes by it honestly, his father and I are as stubborn as they come. I suppose when he's successful we'll call it tenacity, for now I just call it sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment